The Story of Pale Male

Pale Male: Citizen Hawk of New York City by Janet Schulman is a picture book, and the true story, about Pale Male, a Red Tail Hawk living in New York. The illustrator, Meilo So, did a beautiful job with the illustrations! I really liked this book and would recommend it to anyone who likes hawks or learning about animals.

I first learned about the story of Pale Male when I was visiting New York City with my cousin in 2002. We were in Central Park when a tour guide told us the story of a Red Tailed Hawk that made its home in downtown New York. There had not been a Red-Tail that made its home in New York city for many years so many people were very excited when the hawk made its home here. But not everyone was happy to have the hawk living in New York...read the book to find out the whole story! I loved this book!!!





The picture below is the red-tailed hawk that visited my classroom in June 2008 from the Trailside Museum in River Forest. We got to see a red-tailed hawk up close and personal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home