The Lightning Thief

This book was recommended by one of my students and once I started reading, I was hooked! The book is a great mix of Greek Mythology, adventure, and humor. Percy is always in trouble and his life takes an unexpected twist. I really enjoyed reading about the characters in Greek Mythology that Percy and his friends bump into!

I would definitely recommend this book to students who like fantasy books like Harry Potter & Peter and the Star Catchers. I can't wait to read the other books in this series and see the movie in 2010!

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    hi my name is dylan and I sertenly recomend the lightnig thief to anybody who will listen i am on book 3 the lighnig theif is about a kid named percy jackson how finds that greek gods still live in modern times
    Kacper said...
    I loved the book! It was a action packed book with lots of laughs!I recomend a book like this to people who want to learn or know about Greek Mytholigy. If i were you i would read the book first! There are many diffrences! I rate it a 5 stars! *****
    Ryan Capule said...
    AWESOME - RYAN
    Anonymous said...
    hi this is joey that book is the best book series every if you know joe vanisi he read it to rick made a new seris the kane series the lighting thief was funny and action packed the funny was awsome just like the series
    Matias nicosia said...
    this book is great.i have read the whole series, 1-5. read the series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    rating:***************************************************************
    on a scale of 1-5.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home