Crossing the Wire

"Crossing the Wire" is one of the 2010 Rebecca Caudill Nominees and I read this book waiting in a 3 hour line to get Scott Posednik's (Chicago White Sox) autograph! The book was so good and I was so involved in the storyline that I didn't realize I was standing for 3 hours, in the heat...I just kept reading! "Crossing the Wire" is about a boy's journey to try to sneak over the U.S. border from Mexico. It proves not to be an easy task and he is faced with numerous challenges and obstacles. The story is also about friendship and growing up, but also leaves the reader thinking about U.S. policies and the desperation of the immigrants who try to cross the border illegally. It was wonderfully written and I truly enjoyed this book.

I wouldn't be surprised if this book was the winner of the 2010 Rebecca Caudill award!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home